IPC-A-600 Acceptability of Printed Boards Training and Certification Program
When it comes down to the inspection of bare boards the IPC-A-600 has been the standard of choice for acceptance criteria for many years. Target, acceptable and nonconforming conditions for rigid and flexible bare printed boards are discussed and displayed. Internationally board suppliers and their customers profit from the communication enhancement it offers, it allows them to “speak the same language”.
Build quality and enhance communication with this comprehensive program
Both PCB manufacturers and assemblers rely on this document when they face printed board quality issues. With this IPC-A-600 being one of the commonly used standards published by IPC it might be a good idea to enroll in one of the certification programs based on it and gain knowledge and self-confidence in using it at the work area.
Three different types of training are offered:
Depending on the specific task, role, and demands of the individual participant three certification models are offered:
IPC-A-600 Certified IPC Specialist (CIS)
This training focuses on the necessary knowledge for inspectors, operators, engineers, buyers and any other individual involved in the inspection of bare boards or those who have to make acceptance/rejection decisions regarding bare boards.
IPC-A-600 Certified IPC Trainer (CIT)
To perform CIS training it is a prerequisite to be certified as CIT. Individuals who will have to deliver Certified IPC Specialist (CIS) training will benefit from the extra information handed to them in this training. Good candidates for CIT training are trainers, but quite often also supervisors at the engineering and manufacturing departments.
IPC-A-600 Certified Standards Expert (CSE)
The IPC Certified Standards Expert (CSE) is a professional specialist with in-depth knowledge of a specific IPC standard. The role of the IPC Certified Standards Expert (CSE) can vary per organisation. More information on this programme and the differences with the Certified IPC Trainer (CIT) programme can be found on the IPC website: https://www.ipc.org/ContentPage.aspx?pageid=Certified-Standards-Expert-CSE.
The entire document is covered in the CIT training program. The instructor will get well prepared to teach all of the CIS modules. For CIS training only Modules 1 is a required element. The 3 other modules may be covered based on the specific needs of your company. Thus a CIS training can be tailored to your candidate needs.
Topics dealt with:
- Product classifications and acceptance criteria
- Base material surface and subsurface conditions, such as burrs, nicks, haloing, measling, delamination, inclusions
- Plated-through and unsupported holes
- Edge connectors, rectangular and round SMT lands
- Solder mask criteria like adhesion and registration issues
- Pattern definitions like conductor width, conductor spacing, annular ring requirements
- Dielectric material criteria for smear removal, voids, and layer-to-layer spacing
- Conductor thickness requirements both for external and internal layers
- Plated-through hole requirements like copper plating thickness, voids, nodules and cracks
- Microvia requirements and copper cap plating requirements, filled via’s (with copper or other materials)
- Acceptance criteria for rigid, flexible, rigid-flex and metal core printed boards
- Criteria for cleanliness and solderability testing as well as general handling considerations
CIT Program extra content
As a benefit, the CIT program includes:
- Tips on using the standard for inspection purposes
- Administrative tasks for IPC certification
- Tips on how to use the lesson plan and training materials
- Necessary trainer skills
Make an investment in continuous improvement and quality enhancement today — with the IPC-A-600, Acceptability of Printed Boards Training and Certification Program.
For a complete training program, more information, or any training-related questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us by telephone at +31(0)45-5703333, by E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org.